We're hiring a secretary
The Italian Trade Agency is currently recruiting a Secretary to work within the Beirut Office. The Secretary will take care of the administrative and organizational tasks to support the office daily operation.
READ CAREFULLY: THE NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS ARE MANDATORY AS WELL AS THE DOCUMENTS YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT.
IF YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED OR DO NOT SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTS, YOUR CANDIDACY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Perform general secretarial duties for the management and the team (receiving phone calls, drafting letters and notes, managing agenda and organizing meetings).
- Sort, record and forward regular and electronic mail.
- Archive and file office documents.
- Assist management and the team with necessary arrangements related to meetings or events, planning and organization of travel missions.
- Prepare purchase contracts and other administrative documents.
- Upload information and news to databases and calendars.
- Prepare documents, memo and reports as requested.
- Support colleagues on tasks related to accounting and administration.
Qualifications and requirements (shall be met on the deadline submission date)
Necessary. THE FOLLOWING ARE MANDATORY
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Arabic/Lebanese and Italian (spoken and written)
- At least five years of experience in a similar role
- Skillful use of Windows Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Good knowledge of English and French (spoken and written)
- Ability to use and manage social media accounts
- Knowledge of the business environment in Italy and in Lebanon
- Good knowledge of the Italian and Lebanese’s administrative system and tender procedures
READ CAREFULLY: IT IS MANDATORY TO RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AT THE TIME OF THE APPLICATION.
- Presentation letter in English indicating the e-mail to which all communication will be sent and a phone number.
- CV in English, with evidence of the required five years of experience in a similar role.
- Copy of bachelor’s degree.
- Copy of current and valid passport or ID for Lebanese citizens.
- Copy of valid working visa for non-Lebanese citizens.
- Self-declaration which states:
- Nationality and Country of residence
- Valid residency permit at the time of application for non-Lebanese citizens
- Tax residence in Lebanon
- Absence of any criminal sentences, as well as pending charges, both in Lebanon and in the country of citizenship (issued by the competent authorities).
FAILING TO SUBMIT ALL THE ABOVE-MENTIONED DOCUMENTS, APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE SELECTED FOR THE EXAMINATION TESTS.
Presidential Palace Street, Baabda 2902 2633, Lebanon
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday office hours
Instructions for submission
All documents listed above must be sent ONLY BY EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn. Francesca Zadro
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 14th August 2019, 12:00 pm Beirut local time.
ITA will acknowledge the receipt of all applications but ONLY candidates who meet the above-listed requirements will be contacted for selective tests within August-September 2019.
Candidates will be informed via e-mail regarding the day and time of the selection procedures with a minimum of a 10 days’ notice.
1.1 Written test: the applicant will be asked to create a short essay concerning general and corporate knowledge in Italian.
1.2. Italian conversation related to the job description, professional experiences, skills of the candidate, ITA activities and other commercial matters.
2 Written test in Arabic: the applicant will be asked to create a short essay concerning general and corporate knowledge in Arabic.
2.2. Arabic/Lebanese conversation related to the job description, professional experiences, candidate skills and competences, ITA activities and other commercial matters.
3. Practical test: Office package literacy test.
4. Conversation aimed at assessing the knowledge of English and French.
5. Interview in Italian aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability to hold the position
The outcome of each of the 5 selection procedures will be evaluated on a scale 1 to 10 that will weighted as follow: test nr. 1=35%; test nr. 2=20%; test nr. 3=10%; test nr.4=5%; test nr. 5=30%.
The candidates will be evaluated on a 1-10 scale.
Successful candidate will be required to provide original copies of the documents mentioned in the self-declaration.
The basic salary is Euro 18.600,00 for a full-time position per one year.
This selection may be suspended and/or cancelled at any moment and for any reason by the Italian Trade Agency in Beirut at its full discretion, without generating any moral or legal commitment towards the candidates, including those fully meeting the job requirements.