News dalla rete ITA

8 Marzo 2018

Indonesia

INFLATION RECORDED AT 0.17 PERCENT IN FEBRUARY

The Central Statistics Agency (BPS) recorded 0.17 percent month-on-month inflation in February, compared to 0.62 percent inflation in the previous month.Cumulative inflation in January and February was recorded at 0.79 percent, while year-on-year inflation was recorded at 3.18 percent in February."Inflation was sparked by price increases in all spending components from processed foods, to tobacco, to clothing," said BPS head Suhariyanto during a press conference on Thursday, adding that the inflation rate was based on the monitoring of 82 cities across the country.He explained that processed foods, beverages, cigarettes and tobacco contributed 0.07 percent to the inflation rate, while housing, water, electricity, gas and fuels contributed 0.05 percent to inflation. Meanwhile, clothes and raw foods contributed 0.02 percent and 0.01 percent, respectively, to inflation.He said the BPS had recorded inflation in 55 cities and deflation in 27 other cities, with the highest inflation recorded in Jayapura (1.05 percent) and the lowest in Palangkaraya (0.04 percent) (ICE GIACARTA)


Fonte notizia: Jakarta Post - March 01, 2018