Regions and Metropolitan Cities
Italy is administratively divided into 20 regions and 15 metropolitan cities shaping the Italian economic system.
The many Italian regions reflect the richness of the national offer. Each boasts its own culture, landscape and identity resulting in attractive and peculiar territories. There are the Alps and Apennines going from the north to the south as if they were Italy’s backbone, vast plains crossed by rivers and lakes and many vibrant cities. All within the framework of the Mediterranean Sea. All these features have always made Italy a unique and attractive territory with many opportunities to seize.
An array of investment opportunities is possible across diverse sectors, ranging from manufacturing and energy to science and tourism. Bigger regions with a more diverse offer have a dedicated foreign investment attraction department and a detailed description of the different investment opportunities. In particular:
- Lombardy: an advanced manufacturing region;
- Piedmont: a highly specialized, complete and trusted supply chain destination;
- Campania: Manufacturing Industry in Campania: Agrifood Excellence;
- Friuli Venezia Giulia: business opportunities in the manufacturing supply chain;
- Emilia-Romagna: a world-class region integrating top value chains and an innovative ecosystem.
Click on the map to Discover the Italian Excellences